Saturday, May 23, 2009

A Double Loss

MyHotComments.com
MyHotComments


(Chris and her Mom, Virginia, taken at the 5th Year Anniversary party for HeartFelt Angels)

May 20, 2009

A friend of mine I met thru HeartFelt Angels 6 years ago, Chris, has been with her Mom in the hospital for 2 weeks now. So much going on with her Mom. She's hardly eating enough to keep a bird alive. They made the decision for her to become a DNR and now calling in Hospice. I've called quite a bit and the past few days, I've gone to see Chris and her Mom more. She always gives me a kiss on the cheek and tells me she loves me when I leave. She crocheted ALOT for HeartFelt Angels and made such beautiful things for the babies. She was always very supportive of my charity. When I sit with them, Chris and I just crochet up a storm and her Mom just watches us in between resting. These are a pair of booties I learned how to make while sitting with Chris and her Mom yesterday - they are so cute! Don't you think???



May 23, 2009

On Thursday evening, Virginia passed away. She was transferred from the hospital to a nursing home. I went over to visit after my trip to UVA (Charlottesville, VA). Chris had stepped out of the room to talk to her sister. I took over her spot on the bed, to hold her hand and talk to her. She looked at me, smiled, and closed her eyes. She was gone. I ran to get Chris. We thought we would have more time with her. I'm going to miss her so much!

Early today, my daughter-in-law lost her baby. She had been having problems with her pregnancy. My son called and told me the news. I am so heartbroken - they lost their daughter....I lost my grand-daughter. I always wanted a daughter and it wasn't meant to be. And today, I lost my grand-daughter.

My heart just aches - too much to handle in one week.

No comments:

Post a Comment